Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pop Culture and a small announcement

Happy hump day my lovely ladies! I dunno about everyone else, but my week has pretty much been all over the place (which of course makes ME feel crazy)


So I'm going to start off with the polish and then leave you guys with a small announcement THAT REQUIRES YOUR INPUT (pretty please!) Anywho, I started out with about half a bottle of TKB Glamour base. I then added a few drops of basic white cream polish (in my case Wet 'n' Wild French White Creme). I then added 2 scoops of Glitter Unique's matte neon glitter mix (I just ordered this mix about 2 weeks ago but can't find it on the website :( It is small and large hexes in yellow, pink, and blue). After that I followed it up with Glitter Unique's matte neon purple .062 hex glitter. I finished up the polish with 2 scoops each of Glitter Unique's .040 Fuschia dots and .118 Ocean Blue Holo dots. I filled the remainder of the polish of with suspension base then added literally 1 drop of a no name bright pink polish to take away some of the starkness of the white. What I created,  I called Pop Culture, because that's totally what it reminds me of!

Check out all that glittaaaaaa



Disregarding that massive dent, here is a macro of the big blue dots!





Swatches show 2 coats with a bit of dabbling, but nothing as bad as Shipwrecked. Mani was sealed with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry which seems to me maple syruping it up, hence some of the bubbles in the photographs. I love this polish! It's almost a cousin to Shipwrecked. Kinda, sorta, not really... but I still love it :) It reminds me of everything we look forward to with warm weather. Well, it reminds me of that and these throwback 80's/early 90's sunglasses

photo found here

 and to me, that just screams fun. Well that's it for pop culture! Those of you who are still with me, thank you! I've been tossing around the idea of doing small scale sales of my nail polish, a trial run if you will. If I do decide to do this (and my decision will be based solely on feedback), the polishes up for sale will include the following:

* Shipwrecked
* Shattered Glass
* Flutterby
* Killer Clown
and
* Poseidon

Now keep in mind, if I decide to do this, it will be on a very small scale. I will more than likely be open for orders for about a one week period and ask that I be e-mailed @ frankenfemme@gmail.com with your order and shipping address. At the end of this one week period is when polishes will be made and mailed. Polishes will be $9 for full size bottles and $5 for minis. Shipping is $2.50 with each additional item being $.50. Payment will be done via paypal ONLY and will be sent as a gift to myself. I will hammer out those details over e-mail with the buyer directly. Shipping will only be sent in the US at this time. If you do not feel comfortable sending a gift via Paypal, I'm sorry but given the small nature of this project, that is the only thing I am willing to do at this point. Again, I am deciding whether or not to do this depending on your input only so please let me know by commenting on this post and I will go from there!

Well that's all for now. I'm sure you already are but just in case, remember to keep it classy and creative!

xo

Today's Supplies Are From:

* All glitters are from: Glitter Unique
* TKB Glamour Base: TKB Trading
* Random Pink Polish: Ross
* Wet 'n' Wild French White Creme: Walmart

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...